Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Read This To Her

What have I ever done
To be rewarded with you
Standing by me all the time?
I wish I knew.
Have I earned this endless stream
Of memories I live with you?
Never asked myself these
But now I do.

I’ve grown too used
To the brightness of my days
You shine for me
But I just don’t appreciate.
My apologies
More overused than cliché’s
I’ve taken you for granted
Given in to selfish ways.

Can’t believe what I share with you
Is said with words that don’t ring true
Can’t imagine all the pain
I’ve dragged you through.
I’ve bitten way more promises
More than I can ever chew
Do I deserve the chance
To start anew?

So I could give you
The happiness you’re long due
Give you a real lover
Instead of a fool.
Takes longer than a night
To change, oh what a shame
But I will give it a try
I don’t want to be the same,

Again.

No comments: