Friday, January 9, 2009

I Bring To You... A New Year

Hullo my dear hopefully-soon-to-be-existant readers!

Nine days into the new year, has it been off to a flying start? Or have your newly embraced resolutions already begun submerging? Yes, 365 or so days are a lot of time. A whole lot of time for a) fun stuffs to be sacrificed or b) serious stuffs to be compromised. So if this year, I can make the balanced scale tilt downwards on the serious side, I'd feel like a million bucks.

Just that I do feel that I haven't done much in my first year in Auckland. All that I could recollect are an endless stream of lectures and assignments, plenty of hours of doing nothing in my room, some recurring occasions of kebab eating, a lot of Mc Donald's burger patties and a pair of denim shorts. Certainly I have done a lot of memorable things like rafting, Luging, exploring South Island in winter, skiing, making snowman, learning to love and hate snow on the same day and getting close to sheeps (wrongo! Correction : sheep. Uncountable noun. Sorry, though my English tuition has ended - phew - I still pretty much haven't got out of character). Not to mention I had my good friends and beloved one with me through these historical events. But I do feel that I should have done more.

Maybe getting involved in recreational but beneficial stuffs like Dyau with his weekly butchery (a.k.a fencing), Nigel with his bag-pipe band and some other instances. Perhaps study more seriously and do every assignment as if my soul is at stake. Probably somehow reach a greater height in terms of my intellectual state so that I can have effortless conversations with John Hope or those kind of people. Heck, I can't even handle a 20-second small talk with a stranger in the lift. Also maybe (no, this is surely) snap pictures of me and the name of the places I visit, as my mother pointed out. Yep, I do feel like going to Christchurch, Kaikoura, Tauranga, Piha Beach and all those other locations again just because I didn't take any picture that contain their names. I might as well show the photos I have now to my relatives and say "This one is in North Pole. We took a short detour on our way to Dunedin" and chances are they'd believe me.

So, those are the things I wish I would do this time around. By the end of this year, I would revisit this post and God knows if I will feel like a million bucks or I will simply feel like poop.

Till next time.

6 comments:

alfina said...

none my name mention?
uh..
feeling sad

alfina said...

i tot u did focus more on ur music side?
kan?

Unknown said...

dzeti ngada2. ha ha.

Fatin Nordin said...

kenapa perlu mention nama kau zt? haha

alfina said...

eh haruslah, aku kan heroin nya si hisyam. hahaha. perasan diri

Hisyam said...

heroinnya si hisyam...macam bahasa indon plak hehe
selalu malam2 dgr kat astro prima

itu kan ginjal nya intan