Wednesday, July 21, 2010

While-Reading Activity

Instruction: Read the blog post and answer the following question.
===============================================

Each time I stride away from the classroom, I'm a gentle man.

Gentle. Man.

I speak femininely since my throat is worn out from all the straining of voice. I walk tenderly since each ounce of my energy has been depleted. I'm a warm person who smiles at everyone since the ferocious half of me has been let loose to run riot.

Each time I stride away from the classroom, I'm a gentle man but moments ago, I was a whole different being.

I was a carnivorous animal that preyed on kids.

Reading Comprehension Exercise
========================

The last sentence suggests that the author...
A. was extremely fierce in front of kids.
B. was not in his human form in the classroom.
C. literally ate kids for lunch.
D. had pedophillic tendencies.

You get a smiley ( :-) ) if you answer A.

3 comments:

alfina said...

im voting for b. only then i can day dream that u sorta werewolf that I have the hots for. hahaha

jk

Nigel J. W. Ong said...

hey bro.

my boys dont take angry teachers. instead, i bang them with so many rhetorical questions that they cant take it anymore. theyll shut up and ill smile and teach. haha.

loving VI, what a school

Hisyam said...

Hey man,

Good to know you're enjoying the school. Yeah, heard a lot about VI kids, bro. Not saying you're having it easier than anybody else but surely you get to experience a not-so-typical classroom, eh?

Haha this post might indicate that I'm constantly angry but actually I'm just strict and don't entertain bullcrap. There were a few outbursts here and there but honestly I'm not proud of them (since I hate angry teachers myself). I was really rigid in the first and second week and thankfully most kids have learned that I mean business. Now kids don't do silly stuffs much, I'm slowly loosening up and beginning to enjoy my time. Oyeargh!