Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Song I Can Never Finish

A lukewarm evening, still my blood froze in my veins,
I wonder how I looked
With a face that failed to show an emotion.

Worlds away is an untimely place to be,
When you’re the receiving end
Of the news you wish you’ve never been given.

The city dimmed and the noises and voices dissolved,
The whole world kept its distance,
And I was so scared,
Wasn’t quite prepared,
For a life without you.

You’re a story unforgotten,
Safely sealed in our minds,
Your little room still looks the same,
All the things you left behind.

A lady grown by trials,
A kid full of smiles,
The youthful queen,
No one can take your title,
Your heart is pure,
Your love just poured
From a body so frail,
From all the pain you ignored.

You’re a story unforgotten,
Safely sealed here in my mind,
Will you wait there in heaven?
If I could earn my invite.

I'm in a debt I can never repay,
I am forever wishing,
That I could be,
That I could be,
That I could be the brother you deserved.

3 comments:

far far away said...

This one is beautiful Hisham..

Hisyam said...

Thanks, Farizah. Been working on it for awhile but I've never figured out how to complete it. Figured I'd just leave it like that. I guess a little song won't do justice to memories of my late sister.

far far away said...

I figured that that's for her. Eventhough she's not around anymore, she's lucky to have a brother that loves her this much. You might think that you are not the perfect brother that she deseved, but I think you are a already a good brother by always missing her.

Hang in there Hisyam.